Interested in riding the 2018 Cascade 1200? Register now while spaces are still available.
Click here to register for the 2018 Cascade 1200.
Registration for the 2018 Cascade 1200 opens at 6am Pacific on Friday February 2nd!
The event is limited to 100 riders. The ride fee is $475, with certain discounts available. (See the registration process described below for details.)
In an effort to accommodate as many international riders as possible, registration spots will be allocated as follows: 80 spots will be immediately available to riders from the United States and Canada. These spots are expected to fill within a day. A waiting list will be maintained beyond that. 20 spots will be immediately available for riders from all other countries. If not immediately filled, these places will be held open for international riders through the end of February. Any unfilled international spots will be offered to to wait-listed US/Canada riders on March 1st.
Registration for the event will be a 2-step process.
- SIGN-UP: On February 2nd at 6am Pacific we will publish a link here on the event home page to a registration form. You will want to have all of the following information at your fingertips to ensure a smooth registration.
- If you are already qualified with a 2017 series, you will be asked to provide the ACP or RUSA Certification #, date, location, and event name. (Example: #569075, 2017/05/06, OR: Portland, Covered Bridges). A full series is 200K, 300K, 400K, 600K. These events must be calendared brevets with ACP or RUSA certification numbers. Permanents do NOT qualify. A longer distance brevet is an acceptable substitute for a shorter distance brevet. ie. 200K, 300K, 600K, 600K is OK.
- All riders will be required to carry a GPS Tracking Device. The cost is included with your registration fee. You can get a $50 discount on your ride registration if you wish to carry your own SPOT or DeLorme InReach. To qualify for the discount, you must provide the public tracking page for your device. If it’s a SPOT it will look like this: https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=00cDBSznguqOjfiTBUdqdEl9pldbz1OSa Please note we will not accept requests to use phone apps such as Apple Find My Friends, etc as much of the course is not covered by cellular reception.
When all available spaces are full, we will start a wait list. You will not be invoiced unless and until a space opens.
Both a Registered Riders list and a Wait List will be published on the Cascade website. This list must be updated manually by Cascade volunteers, so please don’t panic if you do not immediately see your name listed.
Thank you for your interest in the 2018 Cascade 1200!! We are once again looking forward to hosting riders from all over the world for one of the premier 1200K events in the United States. Riders can expect a challenging and scenic route, professionally catered food at the overnight locations, an enthusiastic team of experienced volunteers, and memories to last a lifetime.
There are some exciting updates for 2018 including:
- A new Seattle area start.
- A mix of school facilities and hotel overnights. Overnight locations at school facilities will have nearby hotel options for riders looking for a plusher experience.
- A return to a classic Cascade 1200 route with overnights in Stevenson, Quincy and Mazama.
- A higher rider limit than 2016, as we are not space constrained at the first two overnights.
Please review the links in the menu bar above for details.
The organizers are hard at work on the details and will update route and registration information as it becomes available. We appreciate your patience.
We hope to open registration in late January or early February. In the meantime, please bookmark this page and check back often for updates.
Cascade 1200 Organizer
SIR Regional Brevet Administrator